What God Already Gave: Enough

Today, the internet is cluttered with the day after Thanksgiving buzz: "The Best Ways to Bounce Back after a Binge," and "Thirty Ways to Use Thanksgiving Leftovers." I'm writing this on Black Friday.

Like everybody else in America, yesterday I had enough.

Thanksgiving gives us a reason to take a day off, be with friends and family, eat lots of good food, try to remember to give thanks.

At the end of the day, I wonder how many of us said, "No thank you. I've had enough."




Today, my email box is also cluttered. Black Friday deals I shouldn't miss. Cheaper ways to get more.

Yesterday, I considered everything I have and ate plenty of food as a commemoration. Today, I'm told to go out and buy more.

Consider this prayer hidden at the end of Proverbs.

"Give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with the food that is needful for me." (Proverbs 30:8)
What if we made this our Give-Us-This-Day-Our-Daily-Bread prayer?

Lord, make me grateful for what you already gave.

And continue to give only what I really need.

Enough.



"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want." (Psalm 23:1)


Click Here to receive Bethany's Free eBook.

Next Post (December 10): What God Already Gave: His Son

Photo by Brooke Lark on Unsplash


Comments

Popular Posts