Truth or Lie #22: It's not about me; it's all about Him



Truth:    It’s not about me; it’s all about Him.

Lie:         I exist only for my own happiness and well-being.


We’ve spent the last 22 weeks looking at 22 essential truths to living the Christian life:
·         God is good.
·         God loves me.
·         God is enough.
·         God can be trusted.
·         God doesn’t make mistakes.
·         God’s grace is sufficient.
·         The blood of Christ covers all my sin.
·         The cross of Christ is sufficient to conquer my sinful flesh.
·         My past doesn’t have to plague me.
·         God’s Word is sufficient.
·         God will enable me to do anything He commands.
·         I am responsible before God for my own actions.
·         I will reap whatever I sow.
·         The pathway to true joy is to relinquish control.
·         The greatest freedom is found through submission.
·         There is no higher, holier calling than the will of God.
·         Personal holiness is more important than temporal happiness.
·         God is more concerned about changing me and glorifying Himself than solving my problems.
·         It is impossible to be godly without suffering.
·         My suffering will not last forever.

This 22nd truth sums them all up:
·         Life doesn’t revolve around me. The purpose of my life is to bring pleasure and glory to the God of all these wonderful truths and more.

We have a Creator, which means we are simply created beings.

The reason He created us was not for us to pursue our own pleasures and happiness and dreams and desires—though He cares about these things.

He created us to bring Him pleasure (Revelation 4:11).

He created us to show forth His glory (Colossians 3:16).

Any other reason for our existence is second rate.
Any other reason to live is self-centered.
Any other reason is not HIS reason, and the biggest lie Satan wants us to believe.

If you don’t remember any other truth from this series, remember this:

We exist for Him, and not the other way around.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations to Kimberly Rae for winning the final copy of Lies Women Believe: and the Truth that Sets them Free!


Thank you to all who left comments and for sticking with me throughout this series. May you be encouraged as you continue in the truth that sets us free.

Jesus said unto them, “I am the way, THE TRUTH, and the life.”  
(John 14:6)

“And you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.”  
(John 8:32)

Comments

Popular Posts