When You Need a Road Map



 I met a man recently whose philosophy in every area of life was based on “this Book I read.”

No matter what came up in the conversation, if people were differing in their opinion or he hoped to convey his take on things with authority, he’d say it again.

“Well, I read this Book, and it tells me . . .”

God’s Word is his road map, his authority for every opinion, and his solution when anything is confusing or awry.

This man knows God’s Word, and it touches the way he lives his life.

It was said of John Bunyan, “If you cut him, he’d bleed Scripture.”

This is the testimony of every person who lets God’s Word be his guide. His road map to life.




I see Christians downcast.
I’m often there myself.

 I listen to anxious prayers.
I say them too.

I hear of people looking for God’s will and wishing they could call Him on the telephone.
                Many times, I’ve wished I could dial His number too.

Because we’ve lost sight of the power of God’s Word to lead us.
To comfort.
To change a life.
To change our lives.


“The world isn’t going to read the Bible. The world is looking at you.” ~ Elisabeth Elliot


Do we let God’s Word lead us so much that the world reads the Truth in our lives and asks for more?


“Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly.” (Colossians 3:16)

Comments

Popular Posts