Where is God When I Pray?


Have you ever thought you were reading a verse for the first time, even though it was underlined in your Bible?

I read one of those last night. Psalm 68:17.
"The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of thousands; the LORD is among them."

I know God is strong. I believe He spoke and created the world. He gives me faith to believe He can do the impossible.

But this beautiful image rarely crosses my mind.

When I pray, the God I pray to is surrounded by thousands of angels who stand ready to do whatever He beckons.

Isaiah says these angels are constantly praising Him, saying, "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts." (Isaiah 6:3)

Yet I'm allowed to interject my voice into this song and tell the Lord my burdens, casting each one of them on His shoulders.

I can come this boldly, because His Son paid for my sins, and I'm accepted by this holy God.

He invites me to talk to Him, because I am part of His family, and He promises to listen like a loving Father.




Where is God when I pray?

He is surrounded by "twenty thousand chariots" and "thousands and thousands" of angels.

Nothing is too difficult for Him.



"Come and see the works of God; 
He is awesome in His doing toward the sons of men." (Psalm 66:5)



Photo by Ben White on Unsplash


Comments

Popular Posts