Our Side

My cousin Hannah and I read a chapter of Scripture together every day. 

Well. . .not exactly “together.”   
She’s several miles away. 
In India.  
Serving the Lord with her husband, teaching deaf children.  


Used by permission.  (Thanks, Hannah!  ~Your Short Cousin)

It strikes me that God’s Word isn’t bound by space . . . or time.

Hannah reads her chapter in the morning while I’m heading to bed the night before.  I read the chapter the next morning while she’s heading to bed that night.

But we’re reading the same LIVING Word.

“Together.”

This month, we're reading Hebrews 13.  Verse 6 tells me our God is ALSO not bound by space or time:
“The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.”

This verse is also found in the Old Testament.  It reads this way:
“The LORD is on my side;  I will not fear. What can man do unto me?” (Psalm 118:6)

My Helper.  On my side.  
A promise from the Old Testament.  A promise from the New Testament.

A promise to a missionary in India.
The same promise to me here in Oregon.

The same God. 

Right by our side.  
Both of us.   
No matter the time of day.  No matter where we are.

We have a God present and real.
Ready to have all things committed into His hands.  

Let's remember He's there by our side.

And lean hard on Him as our Helper.

Comments

  1. I love our devotions together. Even though I got a sneak preview this still spoke to me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts