Hard Paths and Hinds' Feet


I don’t know about you.  But when it comes to life, I prefer easy paths. 
No sickness, no burdens, no turmoil.   
I prefer days free from hardship and full of happiness. 
I love laughter and acts of kindness. 
I love smooth, even paths with no upward trudge.

But I’ve racked my brain, and I can’t think of one time when someone in the Bible prayed for easy paths.  I can’t think of one promise that says life will never be hard or free from challenges. 

God never said, “Only laughter and things that make you feel good will follow you all the days of your life.”

Instead, I read that God gives us hinds’ feet.


A hind is a female red deer and the most sure-footed mountain animal. Her feet are like suction cups making it possible to leap from rock to rock. She never loses her footing, because she has feet that enable her to scale the toughest path.

Instead of praying for easy paths and pleasant things, maybe we should pray for feet--the right kind of feet. 

Feet like a hind's--fit for whatever path we find ourselves climbing.

I prefer easy paths.

Instead, the Lord gives feet to scale our paths with ease.

Are you climbing a rough path today?

Pray for hinds’ feet. 

The kind of feet God gives to those who see His way as perfect, no matter how flat or steep.

“As for God, his way is perfect . . . He maketh my way perfect.
He maketh my feet like hinds’ feet, and setteth me upon my high places.” 
(Psalm 18:30-33)

Comments

Popular Posts