He is Holding Your Hand

We walked to the mailbox at the end of the street.

She toddled in her 2-year-old toddler way.

I grabbed her hand, although I told her to hold mine.

The street is unpaved, and I knew her footing would not be secure.

Often, my holding her hand kept her from falling. If she had only been holding my hand, she would not have returned to the house unscathed.

Many times, I kept her from falling. Many times, my grip lifted her from danger.

Her grip would not have been strong enough.




I search the Scriptures. Not one place are we told to hold the hand of God.

Instead, He tells us He is holding ours - upholding us; keeping us from falling.

And I wonder. . .

Where would we be, if He were not holding our hand?

"I, the Lord thy God, will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, 
Fear not, I will help thee." (Isaiah 41:13)

"Him that is able to keep you from falling." (Jude 24)

Comments

Popular Posts