One Important Reason We Can Hope for the Impossible



My cousin and I spent two days at the coast this week. We watched the waves, we listened to the ocean while we slept, and we contemplated the majesty of our Creator.

The ocean always reminds me there’s a greater reason why I exist, why I can trust, and why the impossible is not so impossible.




Because the God of all the earth created that.

 “In six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them” (Exod. 20:11).
“He made the earth by his power” (Jer. 10:12).
“With God all things are possible” (Matt. 19:26).


How many of us have requests we bring to God daily—impossible requests we keep bringing to Him?

We bring our requests to Him because He’s the God of power.
He’s the LORD of hosts. The LORD of ALL the powerful, heavenly hosts.

We hope, we pray, we trust in a God of power.

And as the hymn writer reminds us:

 “God’s great power guards every hour.” – Johann Franck


Our hours. 
The world and all things in it.
Our hopes and cares and days and years.

The LORD of hosts guards it all.

The one important reason we can hope for the impossible.


"Earth and all its depths adore him,
Silent bow before Him."
-- Johann Franck
(taken from“Jesus, Priceless Treasure”)





Comments

  1. The song by Chris Tomlin (Whom Shall I Fear) has been going through my mind this past weekend, especially these lines:

    "I know who goes before me
    I know who stands behind
    The God of angel armies
    Is always by my side.

    The one who reigns forever
    He is a friend of mine
    The God of angel armies
    Is always by my side."

    Then Dr. Boyd's messages yesterday and your blog post today just reconfirmed it all so wonderfully. Indeed, what a wonderful, mighty God we serve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the words of that song. Thank you for sharing, Violet! Hope to see you out at camp. :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts